Sunday, March 22, 2009

What did the experts predict?





Baseball Digest made the predictions shown above before the 1976 season. It's fun to go back and see how close the "experts" come to what actually happens in a season. Here is what Street and Smith's Baseball had to say:
NL West: Reds, Dodgers, Giants, Braves, Padres, Astros
NL East: Phillies, Pirates, Cardinals, Mets, Cubs, Expos
AL West: Royals, A's, White Sox, Twins, Angels, Rangers
AL East: Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, Indians, Tigers, Brewers
We'll see how close this 1976 replay comes to both the predictions and real life.







2 comments:

  1. Are you doing this on auto-play for everything, playing the games yourself or picking a team or two to play and letting everything else go autoplay?

    I like to play the games myself, but I'd never finish. I took the 1972 game and made up a new league of 12 that included the top 6 teams from each league and play them all myself. It's tediously slow, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm picking a few teams to play (Reds, Phillies, Orioles, Royals). I'll manage a few games for each of the others to get a feel for them (except for the hated Dodgers and Yankees). The rest of the games will be autoplayed.

    I have the picture files for 1976. Most of them use the 1976 Topps cards of the players. It's kind of cool to see the cards "come alive."

    ReplyDelete