The first two games of the National League Championship Series will be played in Shea Stadium. The Mets players will be introduced in this post and the Reds players will be introduced when the series moves to Riverfront Stadium
- Managing the Mets, number 55, Joe Frazier!
- Bullpen Coach, #52, Joe Pignitano! Third Base Coach, #53, Eddie Yost! First Base Coach, #51, Roy McMillan!
- Pitching Coach, #54, Rube Walker!
- Hitting Coach, #24, Willie Mays!
- Leading off and playing center field, #4, Bruce Boisclair!
Bruce had a nice rookie season, batting .313 with a .364 on base percentage.
- Batting second and playing second base, #17, Felix Millan!
Felix Millan batted .267 during the season
- Batting third and playing left field, # , John Milner!
Milner batted .293 with 22 HR and 74 RBI
- Batting fourth and playing right field, #26, Dave Kingman!
Dave Kingman batted .189 with 24 home runs and 81 RBI.
- Playing first base and batting fifth, #7, Ed Kranepool!
Ed gets a longer ovation as the Mets fans show their appreciation for his years of service and for his great season. Kranepool batted .349 with 27 doubles and ten home runs.
- Batting sixth and catching, #15, Jerry Grote!
Grote batted .271 and played Gold-Glove quality defense behind the plate for the Mets this season.
- Batting seventh and playing third base, #2, Roy Staiger!
Staiger batted .165 in his rookie season.
- Playing shortstop and batting eighth, #3, Bud Harrelson!
Bud Harrelson batted .263 and walked 61 times for a .370 on base percentage.
- Batting ninth and warming up in the bullpen, the starting pitcher, number 41, Tom Seaver!
The ovation is loud and deafening. The New York fans hope this surprise pennant will allow the Mets to keep Tom Terrific in town. Tom Seaver went 18-12 with an ERA of 2.72 and struck out 221 batters.
The pitchers and other Mets players will be introduced in the next post.