- In Game 2, Jack Billingham started for the Reds and was opposed by probably Cy Young Award winner Jerry Koosman
- The Reds jumped out to the lead in the second inning. Tony Perez and Johnny Bench singled to put runners on first and second. Dave Concepcion singled and Perez scored on a close play at the plate. Billingham singled to right to score Bench and the Reds had a 2-0 lead.
- In the top of the third George Foster hit a solo home run to extend the Reds' lead to 3-0.
- Perez hit a solo shot in the top of the 6th and the Reds led 4-0.
- The game would end with the same score as Billingham went the distance and shut out the Mets.
- The series is tied 1-1 and the two teams travel to Cincinnati to play games 3 and 4.
Team MVPs: 1984 Fleer
20 hours ago